18th ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF APLESA 28th MAY to 1st JUNE 2018, GRAND PALM , GABORONE , BOTSWANA
Realigning Parliamentary Library Services towards achievement of SDGs.
Delegates to the conference came from Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, eSwatini, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Pan African Parliament, the Eastern African Legislative Assembly making a total of 33 delegates.
- KEY NOTE ADDRESS BY THE CLERK OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF BOTSWANA MS BARBARA N. DITHAPO
- PRESENTATION BY MS G. KGOTLA, DIRECTOR BOTSWANA NATIONAL LIBRARY SERVICES Topic: The General Development Structure and Status of Library and Information Services in Botswana-
- PRESENTATION BY MS L. JIBRIL – THE VICE PRESIDENT OF BOTSWANA LIBRARY ASSOCIATION (BLA) Topic: “The Role of Parliamentary Librarians towards achieving the Sustainable Developmental Goals – The Botswana Library Association Perspective”
- PRESENTATION BY DR COMMA SEREMA (UNIVERSITY OF BOTSWANA) TOPIC: Towards a Model for Information for Policy Making in Botswana Effective Decision
- PRESENTATION BY DR N. MOOKO AND DR C. SEREMA (UNIVERSITY OF BOTSWANA) TOPIC: Rethinking the Role of Botswana Parliamentary Library in the Flow of Information to Constituency Offices
- PRESENTATION BY DR. A LEBELE – DIRECTOR LIBRARY SERVICES (BOTSWANA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY) TOPIC: Botswana Academic Libraries as strategic Partners in the National Vision 2036
For more details on this conference ….. Download Conference proceedings