|Event Start Date:|
May 6, 2019
|Event End Date:|
May 10, 2019
The APLESA Conference Planning Committee has set 6- 10 May 2019 as the dates for the 19th APLESA Conference to be hosted by the Uganda Parliament. APLESA Executive Committee will hold its meeting on 4th May 2019. Details of the even shall be posted from time to time. Members are reminded to commence preparations to attend this very important event in ample time.
MAIN CONFERENCE THEME
Taking Parliaments to the People: the Role of Parliament Libraries in Bridging the Gap between the People and Parliament
- Relevance of Parliamentary Libraries in the digital age
- ICT as a factor to the provision of knowledge and information in the Parliament Libraries in Africa.
- Specialized parliamentary activities in support of bridging gap between parliaments and the people (Parliament Week, County Library services, Media Libraries, etc.)
- Access to knowledge in parliaments
- Parliament Libraries as Gateways to information, knowledge and research
- Innovations and challenges in the provision of access to and acquisition & management of legal and legislative libraries