New APLESA Executive Committee elected into office for a two year period 2017- 2018
- Geraldo Cambiete/ President (Angola)
- Chama Mpundu Mfula/ Vice President (Zambia)
- Simon Joseph Engitu / Secretary General (Uganda)
- Zodi Pisira/ Member (Zimbabwe)
- Figuereido Sengo/ Member (Mozambique)
- Wilson Nkambule/ Member (Swaziland)
- Innocent Rugambwa/ Treasurer(Uganda)
Key roles of the APLESA Executive Committee
- Actively participate in the APLESA executive committee and annual general meetings
- Site visits to host parliament for the APLESA annual conferences
- Liaising with other library associations e.g. the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) and other related professional bodies and Coordination with member parliamentary libraries.
- Carrying out administrative functions of the association, including undertaking such additional duties as may be necessary for driving the agenda and mandate of the association among others.