The 19th Annual Conference and Meeting of the Association of Parliamentary Libraries in Eastern and Southern Africa (APLESA) organized by the Parliament of Uganda, will be held in Kampala, Uganda, from 6- 10 May 2019.
The APLESA conference Planning Committee invites submissions for papers presentations during the 19th APLESA Conference. The Planning Committee will decide on the deadline dates later. The paper presentations will be derived from the the following theme and sub themes;
MAIN CONFERENCE THEME
Taking Parliaments to the People: the Role of Parliament Libraries in Bridging the Gap between the People and Parliament
- Relevance of Parliamentary Libraries in the digital age
- ICT as a factor to the provision of knowledge and information in the Parliament Libraries in Africa.
- Specialized parliamentary activities in support of bridging gap between parliaments and the people (Parliament Week, County Library services, Media Libraries, etc.)
- Access to knowledge in parliaments
- Parliament Libraries as Gateways to information, knowledge and research
- Innovations and challenges in the provision of access to and acquisition & management of legal and legislative libraries
- Parliamentary Library designs
The annual conference and meeting of the XIV Association of Parliamentary Libraries in Eastern and Southern Africa (APLESA) organised by the Swaziland Houses of Parliament, will be held in Esibayeni Lodge, Lobamba, Swaziland from 27th to 31st May, 2013.
THEME: “APLESA@20: Linking nations for informed legislation, representation and accountability”
VENUE: The Conference will take Place at Esibayeni Lodge
ACCOMMODATION: Swaziland is full of hotels that can suit one’s budget. We highly recommend Esibayeni Lodge for your convenience. However you can choose from the list or seek further advice from the secretariat or Google from the internet.
VISA: Ensure you contact the embassy early enough to avoid visa problems. Take note that most airlines insist on visas before allowing passengers to board. Visas can be given at the airport but only in very special cases so ensure you get your visa before travel.
1. It is your responsibility to ensure you have appropriate insurance cover and the necessary vaccinations.
2. Yellow fever is necessary for delegates from most countries. Enquire about the necessary vaccinations for Swaziland well in advance. It differs with countries.
3. Swaziland is not a malaria infested area but take precautions to be on the safe side.
The Parliament of the Kingdom of Swaziland will be responsible for transferring the Participants/delegates to and from the airport.
There are many banks around not far from the conference centre. Banks open at 9.00 and close at 15.30 during the week and on Saturday they open at 9.00 and close at 12.00.Please note that two currencies rotate in Swaziland, Emalangeni and South African Rands. One lilangeni is equivalent to One Rand. Please also note that the exchange rate is approximately One American Dollar (US $1.00) = E/R 8.50
WEATHER: during this time of the year Swaziland is generally cold as it is winter .it is recommended that you bring both light and warm clothing
LIST OF HOTELS: You can book direct or contact the organizing committee listed below
FOR MORE CLARIFICATIONS PLEASE CONTACT THE FOLLOWING:
- Esther Nxumalo e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 00268 76032487
- Lokuqala Khumalo e-mail: email@example.com
Mobile: 00268 76055907
- Wilson Nkambule e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 00268 76237727
- Sabelo Shabangu e-mail : email@example.com
Mobile: 00268 76158588