New APLESA Executive Committee elected into office for a two year period 2019- 2021
- Ms Chama Mpundu Mfula President (Zambia)
- Mr. Sengo Figueiredo Vice President (Mozambique)
- Mr. Simon Joseph Engitu Secretary General (Uganda)
- Ms. Pisira Zodi Committee Member (Zimbabwe)
- Mr. Nkambule Wilson Committee Member (eSwatini)
- Ms. Pearl Lowani Committee Member (Botswana)
- Mr. Bayunga Andrew Treasurer(Uganda)
Key roles of the APLESA Executive Committee
- Actively participate in the APLESA executive committee and annual general meetings
- Site visits to host parliament for the APLESA annual conferences
- Liaising with other library associations e.g. the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) and other related professional bodies and Coordination with member parliamentary libraries.
- Carrying out administrative functions of the association, including undertaking such additional duties as may be necessary for driving the agenda and mandate of the association among others.