To become member of APLESA one needs to fall under the following categorization;
a) APLESA Member Parliaments of the region.
b) Associate membership for other Parliaments other than those in the APLESA region.
c) Observer status may be accorded to libraries of legislatures on the invitation of the APLESA Executive Committee.
The eligible member countries are those within the region, the East African Community and those in the Horn of Africa including among others; Djibouti, Eritrea. In addition, the islands of Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar and Reunion are also eligible.
Current National Parliaments that are Members
9. South Africa
Current Regional Parliaments that are Members
1. East African Legislative Assembly (EALA)
Provincial, Districts Councils and County Assemblies
1. Kenya County Assembly
2. South African Provincial Councils
3. Uganda District Councils
4. Other State Assemblies, Councils, etc
Regional Parliaments and Assemblies
2. East African Legislative Assembly (EALA)
3. Pan African Parliament PAP)
1SADC is abbreviation for Southern Africa Development Cooperation.
4. Democratic Republic of Congo Parliament of the (DRC). 5. Djibouti,
20. South Africa,
21. South Sudan
Open to any parliament which wishes to be on observer status.